When we saw Olivia Palermo’s latest blog post entitled ‘Perfect Your Picture Pose’, we got super excited!
Ten tips on how to look like the queen of street style?! Oh GOODY!
And then we read them….
1. Start out in front of the mirror. Try different angles, poses, etc. to find your best “side.”
2. Pose in different lights and spaces to discover what works best for your complexion.
3. Find your natural smile. Don’t force it. If you’re cheeks start to hurt, it’s too much.
4. Wear your most flattering colors – keep in mind that what looks best in person might not look best on film.
5. Backlighting is better than overhead lighting. Overhead lighting causes excessive brightness as well as unflattering shadows.
6. Stance counts. Stand at a 45 degree angle as opposed to facing the camera directly. Put one foot slightly in front of your body but keep the weight on the back foot. Try different “hand on hip” stances.
Anybody else exhausted yet? No wonder she always looks so good…
Frankly we can’t be bothered to read past tip no6…We prefer to just keep deleting pictures until we get the right one – isn’t that the point of a digital camera?
For those with more stamina, you can see the rest of the tips on Olivia’s blog here